A drug crime arrest can ruin your life if you are not careful. These drug arrest resources, assembled by a leading Illinois drug crimes attorney, explain what it means to be arrested for drugs in Chicago, Chicago suburbs or elsewhere in Illinois. For legal representation, talk to a Chicago drug crime lawyer now by calling (312) 466-9466.
An arrest for a drug crime is a serious matter. These resources will be useful to you if you or a loved one have been arrested for, or accused of, a drug crime.
- Types of Drugs Involved in Illinois and Federal Drug Cases - We discuss the types of drugs that are typically involved in Illinois drug cases and Federal drug cases.
- Drug Delivery Versus Drug Possession - If you have been arrested for drugs, it's important to understand the different drug charges, what they mean, and how they compare.
- Drug Crime Penalties in Illinois - In Illinois, drug charges carry substantial penalties. A drug conviction is a permanent criminal record that can ruin your career and your life.
- Preliminary Hearings for Drug Cases - For Illinois drug crime attorneys, the first opportunity to win a drug case is at the preliminary hearing.
- Disputing Possession - In many drug cases, particularly those involving constructive possession of drugs, our Chicago drug crime lawyers make the argument that the defendant had no knowledge of the drugs.
- Illegal Search or Seizure - The law dictates that U.S. citizens should be free from unreasonable searches and seizures. In many drug cases, challenging search or seizure can be the difference between being convicted and leaving the court with a not guilty verdict.
- Alternatives to a Drug Case Trial - In some instances, the best way to win a drug case trial is to avoid a trial altogether.
- Sentencing for Crack Versus Powder Cocaine - Effective November 1, 2010, the Fair Sentencing Act has addressed the sentencing disparity between crack cocaine and powder cocaine.